When you build a website, you have work to do both on your site and off your website to improve search engine optimization and help you gain more site traffic. Off-page SEO depends on your on-page SEO being set up first. It’s imperative to ensure your site works well for anything you do off your website to produce for you.
- Optimize Your Website First – Take the time to learn all you can about on-page SEO first and implement those ideas. After all, if your site doesn’t load fast and doesn’t have the right content on it, it won’t matter how well your off-page SEO efforts work because people will bounce off your site anyway.
- Earn More Quality Backlinks – Almost everything you do regarding off-page SEO is about earning quality backlinks. A backlink is simply a link that goes to your website, either to your home page or directly to specific pages on your website. Don’t do old-fashioned things like article submissions, link trading, and link buying. Instead, use the other methods here to earn as many backlinks as you can organically.
- Promote Webpage Content on Social Media – When you publish content on your website, you need to promote that content on social media automatically. You can use software such as Hootsuite.com to automate it.
- Join Professional Networks and Create a Profile – While listing directories exist that are only for “SEO,” don’t use them. Instead, join professional networks that you want to be part of; serious networks like the Chamber of Commerce or the Small Business Majority. Create a profile and earn an authoritative link back to your site.
- Publish Content on LinkedIn and Other Social Networks – While sharing content is good, you want to also publish content directly on other sites when you can. Publish content on LinkedIn and other social networks that link back to your website through a particular landing page.
- Publish Guest Posts on Authoritative Websites – Guest posting still works for off-page SEO purposes; however, only guest post for sites that your audience uses for the information. Quality websites will offer “do follow” links so that you can offer a freebie to the readers there too.
- Create Lead Magnets and Promote Them – The more touchpoints you develop, the more chances your audience will find you. Create as many lead magnets as you can with their landing pages, and promote them.
- Send More Relevant Emails More Often to Your Audience – When you publish content, send an email blast to your autoresponder recipients. Set it up so that the autoresponder publishes the update to an individual page. You’ll earn a backlink that way too.
- Develop Strong Social Networking Activity – Using social networking and social platforms to network gives you many opportunities to publish information that leads people back to your content and website. Create optimized profiles with links to unique landing pages.
- Use Video on Various Platforms like YouTube – Turn your popular blog posts into video and publish them on YouTube or another video platform that you like and that you can find your audience using.
If you implement these ideas, you’re going to get a lot more targeted traffic to your website. You’re going to make more sales because you’re paying close attention to matching your website to what your audience wants. You’re also letting the search engines know through your search engine optimization that you’re there for the customer.