LinkedIn is an excellent platform to use to help you market your business and offers online. With over 310 million monthly active users (167 million in the USA) and growing by leaps and bounds – adding about two members every second, using LinkedIn makes sense to help you get the word out about your business.
- Create a Complete Business and a Personal Profile – Don’t skimp on your LinkedIn profile. Use a professional headshot, add video, create thoughtful links back to your landing pages, and focus on the audience you want to attract. Create both a personal profile and a company profile and make them complete.
- Publish Your Articles on LinkedIn – LinkedIn has an area where you can publish articles. Just open your profile and look at the place you post updates. Instead of posting an update, click “Write an article.” You can paste your article in the system using their WYSIWYG editor. You can add videos, images, and more. When people comment on your article, make sure to engage with them.
- Create a Special Group for Your Audience or Colleagues – One way to really capture the attention of your audience or colleagues is to start your own group. When you have your own group, you’re in charge of the topics.
- Participate in Other People’s Groups – Find and join a few groups that your audience will also join. It’s okay to join groups with colleagues but they are your competitors, so if you want to attract your audience, join groups that consist of your audience. Participate in discussions without expectations or being a salesperson to showcase your expertise.
- Create Daily Status Updates – Don’t be shy with your status updates on LinkedIn. Try to share something at least daily, but you can go up to four or five times a day if it’s useful information and not frivolous.
- Get Testimonials and Recommendations from Customers – Use the LinkedIn email system to send messages to anyone you’ve worked with after you’ve connected with them. Ask them for testimonials and recommendations. Don’t use their template. Write a unique letter to each individual, reminding them of what you did for them.
- Advertise Your Offers – You can also run ads for your offers on LinkedIn. It’s not expensive, but you will need a business account. Use your company profile account to run ads to your offers to help build your email list and get more traffic to your website.
- Post Job Opportunities When You Have Them – One way to get buzz on LinkedIn is to post a job opportunity. You can do this for internships, jobs, and independent contract positions. All your connections will see the job ad.
- Create a Special Landing Page for Your Website – Anytime you include a link to your offers or your website on LinkedIn, don’t make it generic. Instead, create specialized landing pages that acknowledge where the traffic is coming from.
- Create and Upload a SlideShare – LinkedIn owns SlideShare.net. You can go to your profile, click “SlideShare” and then you can upload your slides. Any presentation that you’ve given or information you want to impart on others will shine on this platform.
Your audience is using LinkedIn. It’s up to you to create a compelling profile and create buzz on the platform through publishing articles, participating in groups, and posting interesting and useful updates to your audience.