Many small business owners are intimidated by LinkedIn. Most go through the trouble of creating a profile on LinkedIn, but that’s as far as they go. This opens doors for you to stand out on the platform because so many people give up. The fact is, using LinkedIn as a platform to market your small business does work, and you shouldn’t skip it. Just follow these tips.
- Establish a Professional Brand – Branding is how your audience sees you and thinks of you when you’re not around. To establish a professional brand, you need to be where professionals hang out. LinkedIn is the buttoned-up professional social network that focuses on business and not the latest cat video. If you’re a business owner, you should be there; and if you’re there, maximize your use to establish your professional brand.
- Build Your Personal Brand – Even if your brand is you, it’s essential to establish a personal brand too. You can do that on LinkedIn by showcasing who you are through your headshot, complete profile, and the articles that you publish.
- Establish Authority in Your Niche – Using LinkedIn’s publishing option, you can publish articles on LinkedIn that get attention. They are indexed in Google, which means you’ll get more hits on the article than if you published it only on your blog. It’s an excellent way to showcase your smarts and get more professional attention.
- Generate More Leads – People know that LinkedIn is a professional network. Therefore, when smart business owners need to find someone to serve them in some capacity or to work with them, they search for you on LinkedIn. When they see your profile and articles, they’ll click through to your site.
- Build a Network of Like-Minded Associates – You can even build groups on LinkedIn that enable you to build a network of like-minded people to work with and talk to. It’s a great way to get to know your audience as well as colleagues.
- Stay Up to Date on Industry News – Just like others can read what you publish, you can learn what the movers and shakers are posting on LinkedIn and what they’re discussing in their groups.
- Boost Off-Page SEO – Building authoritative backlinks to your website and landing pages is one of the essential components of search engine optimization. Publish more articles and more information on your profile that builds those links back to your site.
- Get More Traffic – When you publish and keep your profile updated on LinkedIn, you will naturally get more traffic to your website and landing pages. This is because the audience will search for more info about you, or they want your freebies.
- Run Targeted Direct Ad Campaigns – One of the best things about keeping your profile active and updated on LinkedIn is the ability to run targeted ad campaigns efficiently. It’s not as expensive as you might think, and it can be very effective.
The first thing you need to do is perfect your LinkedIn profile. Fill out every single area that you can. Include a professional headshot, video cuts of your presentations, and other information that professionally represents you and your business. In this way, you’ll soon see the power of LinkedIn.